Call for Phius Alliance NY Board Nominations
Phius Alliance New York is seeking nominations for the chapter’s board of directors. The board of directors consists of eleven members from across New York state. Three seats are presently open for nomination. The deadline to apply for nomination is November 17, 2023.
The board of Phius Alliance NY leads the governance practices of the New York chapter of Phius Alliance. Members serve as volunteers and guide the group’s strategic thinking, educational goals, financial decisions, marketing practices and more in the service of carbon neutral economic development. Members have no financial commitment to the chapter and do not receive compensation.
Responsibilities of board members include:
- Participation in board meetings which are held quarterly, in-person or virtual
- Partake in the planning of public events (Quarterly Meetings, site tours, and conferences)
- Attend public programs when geographically reasonable
- Actively promote the growth of the chapter including participation in special projects, member recruitment and advertisement
Qualifications at time of vote:
- Maintain active membership with the national chapter of Phius Alliance and have Phius Alliance New York State selected as your affiliate chapter*
- Maintain recognized passive house credentials or other contributions examined on a case by case basis
* You may change this in your Phius account or contact Jennie Eber (email@example.com)
- Members should be able to commit to 5-10 hours per month spent in meetings and on projects
Each chapter board member holds office for a term of three years. Board members may serve no more than three terms of office, after which the member must retire from the Board for at least one year before being qualified to serve again. The slate of candidates will be reviewed and presented for vote by the chapter membership. New members will be introduced at the chapter’s winter meeting.
Phius Alliance NY welcomes all candidates who believe they can further our mission and contribute to the success of our chapter. We know that a balance of tenure, skills, diversity, and experience is key to effective leadership and we encourage application from members of the public who come from diverse backgrounds, including diversity of gender, race, ability, sexual orientation and gender identity. The composition of our board should reflect our community’s diversity of thought, culture, expertise and experience.
We encourage applications from underrepresented regions of New York State.
Phius Alliance NY is the New York State chapter of Phius Alliance. Advocates for passive building models work to make ultra-low energy buildings a mainstream market force and an accepted best practice in the building industry. Phius Alliance NY is your local resource for information about the passive house model and professionals who specialize in energy efficient design. Learn more at www.pha-hv.org.
How to apply:
Self-nominations are encouraged and can be submitted through the application form below. Application requires a statement of interest (max 300 words) and resume. Application materials will be shared with the chapter membership for review during the voting process.
Any questions can be directed to the chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download chapter bylaws HERE